Location: Cheshire Salary: £29,000 – £39,000 Ref: ALS 2160Apply Here
Our client, a leading drug discovery and development company, who provide bespoke anti-infective drug development services, are looking to recruit an experienced Senior In Vivo Scientist to work within their in vivo biology team.
- PhD degree (or higher/equivalent) in a life sciences discipline with relevant focus OR equivalent relevant experience
- Home Office License and modules A-C is essential
- Previous line management experience is essential
- Extensive experience working with laboratory rodents
- A background/working knowledge in drug discovery in the infectious disease therapeutic area or related areas would be advantageous as would working in a CRO or pharmaceutical environment
- Ability to execute in vivo experiments in an effective and timely manner, reporting progress to senior scientists or project manager
- Experience in a working microbiology laboratory environment with a range of methodologies, working with bacteria, fungi or viruses would be advantageous
- Problem-solver with strong ability to implement new ideas and technologies
- Good organisational, time management skills to meet customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates full command of all techniques and tools required for their assigned responsibilities within the given project
- Plans and coordinates in vivo studies e.g. writes protocols according to defined objectives and agreed timelines
- Prepares reports of findings, presents data, and collaborates with other scientists
- Delivers experiments and data according to customer requirements and timelines
- Performs animal procedures according to specific SOPs and protocols and in compliance with regulatory requirement
- Dissection, preparation and culture of materials from experiments
- Adheres to guidelines regarding accurate documentation of lab experiments
- Depending on experience, responsibility for specific client projects
- Work across multiple functions, providing support for studies and experiments
- Complies with the company safety policy and documentations in performing experiments
- Some weekend, non-standard business hours will be required as part of the studies.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.