LOCATION: Northamptonshire SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2365Apply Here
Agenda are working as a recruitment partner to a global R&D service provider to the life science and biotechnology sector. Due to consistent success and plans for future growth, opportunities have arisen to join the business’ Metabolite Identification group and become a real subject matter expert. In addition to a competitive salary, this company has an extensive array of benefits on offer as part of their employee focused approach. With further growth and investment scheduled, this is a great time to join an established business with exciting plans for the future.
In the role of Senior Large Molecule Met ID Specialist you can expect to hold responsibility for High Resolution Mass Spectrometry identification of metabolites generated in studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements
- PhD, MSc or BSc (Hons) in Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Experienced in metabolite identification in a CRO or Pharmaceutical/Agrochemical company and industry recognised expert in this area
- LC-MS/MS of large molecule biological samples (e.g. peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides and mAb’s) including top down and bottom-up methodologies for protein analysis
- Expert in use of High Resolution Mass Spectrometers e.g. Waters Vion, Thermo QExactive
- Sample preparation skills for preparation of large molecule samples for LC-MS analysis (e.g. digestion)
- LC-MS/MS data interpretation skills (including large molecules)
- Experience of working in a GLP facility
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Senior Technical Specialist/Expert in structure elucidation.
- Responsible for conducting analytical and metabolite identification work for both regulatory and non‑regulatory In-Vitro, In-Vivo, Clinical, Large Molecule (Biological) and Environmental Fate studies to successfully fulfil all the requirements of a study to the timelines stated in the Study Plan/Analytical Work Plan, under direction of the Study Director or Analytical Project Manager.
- Responsible for the development of LC‑MS/MS chromatographic methods within the group and to act as an expert consultant on the development of chromatographic methods within the wider Metabolism Department.
- As a recognised expert within industry in metabolite identification increase the profile of the department externally through playing an active role in expert groups, networking and publications
- Mentor new Technical Specialists and other senior laboratory staff.
- Provide technical advice to Study Directors/Management at all points in the study life cycle.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.