Location: Glasgow Salary: £29,176 – £32,817 Ref: ALS 2450Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Senior Research Technician to provide high quality scientific technical support and animal care within Biological Services. The post holder will be responsible for the supervision and training of other technical staff, as well as performing regulated and surgical procedures as required under their Home Office Licence.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 14th March.
- Biological or animal technology qualifications, or equivalent experience
- Several years’ experience working in an animal facility
- Home Office Personal License holder
- NACWO training and qualifications
- Previous experience supervising and training members of staff
- Proficient in a range of technical procedures, including anaesthesia
- Good working knowledge of the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act and responsibilities of Licensees working under the Act
- Proficiency in the application of principles of aseptic technique and containment of infection
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the day-to-day organisation and management of staff to ensure the effective operation of the technical team, and perform technical and husbandry duties of lower grade staff if required
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of complex breeding colonies to ensure genetic purity is maintained
- Perform regulated procedures on animals and to assist with academic research programmes, including developing specialist areas of expertise as necessary
- Provide advice and assistance to researchers to facilitate their research programmes
- Delegate responsibility for the supervision and training of technical staff to ensure the provision of skilled support to research programmes
- Deputise for the lead technician in their absence to ensure continued efficient operation of the unit
- Undertake NACWO and AWERB duties as required
- Ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and other relevant legislation, including drafting and implementing SOPs as required
- Contribute to the overtime rota for weekend and bank holiday cover
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.