LOCATION: Rushden SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2490Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an experienced study manager to direct a wide range of Environmental Fate Plant and Livestock Metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
You will be based in a cutting edge, fully integrated pharma-based R&D service platform supporting the life sciences industry, with a company that has invested in its people and facilities.
- PhD, MSc or BSc (hons)in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related subject.
- Significant experience in Environmental Fate, Plant or Livestock Metabolism in CRO, Agrochemical or Pharmaceutical company is essential.
- Experienced Study Director in a GLP facility.
- Proficiency in analytical techniques (HPLC/TLC/LC-MS).
- Understanding of the drug/agrochemical development process.
- Coaching & Mentoring, as well as being committed to self- development and learning.
- Flexible e.g., willingness to amend working pattern to meet study requirements including on occasions early starts, long days or weekend working.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as Study Director, Analytical Project Manager and/or Principal Investigator on a wide range of environmental Fate Plant Metabolism studies.
- Take full responsibility for the conduct of experimental work required to successfully fulfil all the requirements of a study to the timelines stated in the Study Plan.
- Plan work to ensure revenue recognition milestones on assigned studies are hit on the month, flagging up any issues early. Ensure resource allocated to their studies is effectively utilised.
- Review data obtained and prepare the study updates and study data for discussion internally and for communication to the client/inclusion into reports.
- Prepare study plans, amendments, file notes and deviations as required.
- Calculate and QC check data.
- As a recognised expert in Metabolism specialism increase the profile of the department externally through playing an active role in expert groups, networking, and publications.
- Prepare worksheets to coordinate experimental activities.
- Mentor more junior Study Directors.
- Effectively communicate with clients regarding study progress and address client comments.
- Work with Team Leader to prepare and maintain a library of generic study plans, template reports and cost builds for their area. Track actual vs budgeted hours on assigned studies ensuring any necessary changed are made to generic documents. Ensure work scope changes are flagged to management.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.