Location: Northamptonshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2352Apply Here
Agenda are working as a recruitment partner to a global R&D service provider to the life science and biotechnology sector. Due to consistent success and plans for future growth, opportunities have arisen to join the business’ Metabolite Identification group and become a real subject matter expert. In addition to a competitive salary, this company has an extensive array of benefits on offer as part of their employee focused approach. With further growth and investment scheduled, this is a great time to join an established business with exciting plans for the future.
In the role of Senior MET ID Specialist, you will be using expertise in High Resolution Mass Spectrometry to identify metabolites in a wide array of studies. You can expect a fast-paced lab focussed role with additional responsibilities for communicating with clients and coaching/mentoring staff.
- PhD, MSc or BSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related subject
- Many years’ experience in metabolite identification in a CRO or Pharmaceutical/Agrochemical company and an industry recognised expert in this area
- Experience in chromatographic method development
- Expert in the use of High-Resolution Mass Spectrometers e.g. Waters Vion, Thermo QExactive
- Expert in the use of relevant software such as Xcalibur, Waters UNIFY, Compound Discoverer
- Knowledge of metabolism/metabolic reactions
- LC-MS/MS data interpretation skills
- Project management and mentoring experience
- Experience of working in a GLP facility
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the Senior Technical Specialist/Expert in structure elucidation
- Responsible for conducting analytical and metabolite identification work for both regulatory and non‑regulatory In-Vitro, In-Vivo, Clinical, Large Molecule (Biological) and Environmental Fate studies to successfully fulfil all the requirements of a study to the timelines stated in the Study Plan/Analytical Work Plan, under direction of the Study Director or Analytical Project Manager
- Responsible for the development of LC‑MS/MS chromatographic methods within the group and to act as an expert consultant on the development of chromatographic methods within the wider Metabolism Department
- As a recognised expert within industry in metabolite identification, increase the profile of the department externally through playing an active role in expert groups, networking and publications
- Responsible for technical training (writing and review of training materials) and maintenance of laboratory work standards in their area
- Mentor new Technical Specialists and other senior laboratory staff
- Provide technical advice to Study Directors/Management at all points in the study life cycle.
- Hold equipment/software/lab space responsibilities on behalf of their team.
- Lead implementation of continuous improvement culture in specialist area proposing process improvements/new service offering initiatives to the Metabolism leadership team
- Keep up to date with technical developments in specialist are, recommending new techniques and working with management to compile justification for Capex projects.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.