Location: London Salary: £32,628 – £40,619 Ref: ALS 2133Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Study Coordinator to contribute to the technical excellence and successful operation of the Biological Services Units. The role will manage and coordinate in-vivo experimental studies and provide appropriate study support for those working within the in-vivo research environment.
The successful candidate will be required to travel between two sites, one based in Central London and one based in South London.
- Relevant experience working in an animal facility
- Hold a Home Office Personal Licence 1-4
- Proven experience in cancer in-vivo modelling including imaging and large cohort animal studies
- Thorough knowledge of animal studies as applied to cancer research
- Experience liaising with Home Office inspectors and Named Veterinary Surgeons
- Proven experience in training licence holders in a range of regulated procedures
- Ability to produce concise, accurate written material such as study plans, contracts and protocols
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work in conjunction with the Head of BSU to coordinate and manage, including allocation of technical resources, in-vivo experimental procedures on behalf of and in liaison with all research teams
- Liaison with researchers and BSU technologists to plan and acquire full details of individual studies from concept to completion
- To facilitate completion of cross site studies in the BSU and the provision of data in a timely and accurate manner
- Developing and utilising the skill base in the BSU team in collaboration with the NTCO
- Allocation of licensed technologists in conjunction with BSU managers to ensure appropriate workloads are maintained
- Manage and coordinate receipt of tissues, cells and other in-vivo materials, including screening profiles and preparation for implantation
- Accurate recording of data for Home Office compliance including adverse events, animals health and welfare data and preparation of data for Home Office Returns
- To advise on and implement best practice for achieving optimum results in line with the 3R’s.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.