LOCATION: Leicestershire SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2492Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Study Director manage phases of animal studies in areas of oncology and inflammation. The successful candidate will provide expertise in areas of design, implementation, and analysis of in vivo and in vitro data, and be responsible for reviewing data and reports to monitor overall quality.
- BSc or MSc in a relevant scientific field.
- Strong understanding of in vivo, in vitro, or biomarker studies.
- Experience in oncology-related or inflammation-related animal studies, preferably small molecules and biologics.
- Previous experience in a CRO setting and ability to manage customer projects and customer interactions.
- Experience with patient derived xenografts for efficacy and PD studies.
- Understanding of oncology target biology and contemporary cell biology approaches to drug discovery.
- Flow cytometry experience is beneficial.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for study execution and results by providing study design and effective protocol development.
- Hands-on technical execution of studies.
- Develop and train in-house staff for animal studies.
- Project management and administration to implement a variety of in vivo and in vitro projects.
- Lab tasks including formulations, imaging, FACS, staining, and in vitro techniques.
- Act as key point of contact and facilitate communication across departments in-house, and acts as interface between the scientific team and customers by providing regular updates.
- Develop, approve, and distribute study-related documents.
- Create metrics, complete data analysis, study reports, and presentations.
- Support the Business Development department with client requirements such as assistance with quotes.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.