LOCATION: London SALARY: £28,000 – £32,000 REF: ALS 2547Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are recruiting for a Service Support Technician to work in the cage wash facility, providing cage processing, bottle processing, autoclaving of equipment and supplies and removal of waste. The Service Support Technician will also assist with receiving and storing consumables e.g. chemicals, laboratory supplies. The post holder will be required to do routine cleaning and maintenance of machinery to ensure a clean environment.
- GCSE level or equivalent in 5 subjects with at least one science subject.
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory environment is desirable.
- Be efficient in record keeping e.g. completing worksheets, log books in a legible manner.
- Understand health & safety requirements within the workplace.
- Ability to follow instructions, and work to defined protocols
- Have experience working within a university/public sector environment is advantageous
- You will need to have a high level of accuracy and consistent attention to detail.
- Manual handling skills.
- Experience of handling equipment/machinery in accordance with SOPs & manufacturers’ instruction
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sterilising equipment and cages for animal holding areas in accordance with SOP’s.
- Maintain cage wash area in excellent condition and carrying out routine cleaning of both equipment and environment.
- Receive and accommodate external contractors undertaking servicing and maintenance of all cage wash associated equipment.
- Become familiar with ‘fault finding’ and ensure Service Support Supervisor is informed of any problems .
- Assist Supervisor in the monitoring of consumable stocks and storage areas.
- Maintenance of excellent hygiene procedures and bio-containment conditions.
- Undertake basic husbandry as required to support team.
- Undertake any other duties that may be required to ensure the smooth running of the facility which are consistent with the nature and grade of the post.
- Provide support to animal technicians pertaining to their clean cage and bottle requirements
- Participation in weekend rota working and during statutory holiday periods may be required, for which overtime rates apply.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.