Location: Hertfordshire Salary: Commensurate with experience Ref: ALS 2348Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit an experienced Synthetic Chemist and an Associate Principal Scientist, to support the synthetic team in small molecule drug discovery. More experienced candidates will take responsibility leading synthetic chemistry optimisation for a series.
- PhD in Synthetic Chemistry, or B.Sc./M.Sc. in synthetic chemistry with more than two years’ industrial pharma experience
- Strong synthetic chemistry background and demonstrable excellence in theoretical and practical synthetic chemistry
- Capable using the most up-to-date methodology in synthetic organic chemistry, for synthesis of new compounds in biological testing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A passion for innovation and problem-solving.
- Excellent decision-making and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and team-working skills with an ability to:
- Adapt quickly to new priorities.
- Decide and communicate clearly on scientific strategy.
- Track record of scientific publications.
- Post-Doctoral positions in synthetic or medicinal chemistry
- Experience in medicinal chemistry or process chemistry
- Knowledge/understanding of structure-based drug design and influence of physicochemical properties
- Exposure to multiple-parameter optimisation and DMPK in drug design
- Experience of managing external collaborations.
- Ability to work across geographies and cultures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Synthesising key intermediates and small molecule drug candidates as well as developing new synthetic methods when required.
- Purification and characterisation of compounds.
- Clear and accurate recording of experiments in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Maintaining high productivity in synthetic chemistry.
- Contributing to the medicinal chemistry strategy.
- Client presentations of work, through oral and written reports.
- Supporting the preparation of IP documents with chemistry examples.
- Ensuring safe working practices in the laboratory.
- Working collaboratively with the chemistry group in China.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.