LOCATION: Cambridge SALARY: £45,000 – £55,000 REF: ALS 2577Apply Here
We have an exciting new opportunity for you to work at a global clinical-stage biotechnology company, who are committed to developing novel vaccines and biologic therapeutic candidates for infectious diseases as well as cancer and autoimmune diseases.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team leader within the antibody discovery field and will work with your team to design experiment strategies, deliver project data and advance technology for the high throughput antibody discovery pipeline.
- PhD or equivalent in Cell Biology, Immunology, Molecular Biology or related field.
- A minimum of three years of industrial experience in antibody discovery field.
- Strong experience of leading a team is required.
- Experience of routine molecular biology and cell biology methods is essential.
- Experience of design multi-colour experiments for immunophenotyping and isolation of primary cells is desirable.
- Experience of NGS library generation, RNA-seq and microfluidics is desirable.
- Has comprehensive understanding of the principles and methods in flow cytometry.
- Scientific knowledge of B cell development and antibody maturation.
- Deep knowledge of NGS platform and microfluidics technology.
- Outstanding organisational skills, ability to prioritise, multitask and deliver data on time
- Good data recording, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated attitude and good team leader.
- Full ability to manage, support and deliver team goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead experimental strategies in the technical areas of molecular biology and cell biology to generate antibodies from single B-cells in a high throughput way.
- Responsible for the team’s work from single B cell isolation, high throughput single cell NGS and high throughput antibody generation.
- Work closely with scientists in relation to daily operation and develop and establish advance technology for antibody discovery.
- Provide general supervision and mentorship to the team members through matrix management.
- Responsible for detailed observations, providing analyses data, interprets results and devises solutions to complex scientific problems
- Work effectively and collaboratively across teams in the company.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.