LOCATION: Bristol SALARY: Competitive REF: ALS 2556Apply Here
Our client, a global early-stage contract research organisation is looking for a motivated and pro-active in vivo scientific manager to support pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in in vivo pharmacology, within the infection research area.
This exciting role would suit a Senior In Vivo Scientist or manager, with a passion for line management and people development
- Experience leading and managing a small team, supporting personal development, training and mentoring to maximise individual strengths
- Preferably a PhD and post-doctoral experience (or MSc and very significant experience) in a relevant area, such as infection or cell biology
- Experience of working with in vivo efficacy models, preferably in infection areas, such as influenza, sepsis, lung, wound and gut infection, although crossover areas are also of interest
- Data collection, interpretation, reporting and presentation skills
- Experience in project coordination/management, from protocol design through to archiving.
- Holder of a Home Office Personal Licence (Current or recent)
- Experience performing compound formulations, regulated procedures, administering substances by various routes, blood sampling and dissection of small rodents
- A passion for the 3Rs and animal welfare
- Expertise in relevant computer software for statistical analysis, such as Graphpad
- Capable of working in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment and meeting deadlines
- Experience of working in a team-focused culture with a flexible attitude to working hours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly manage a team of Scientists, with accountability for their development and holding regular reviews. Mentor and train more junior staff members.
- Support scheduling and execution of studies, resourcing of personnel and budgets, coordinating project meetings and timelines, collecting and analysing data, to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team, liaise with other departments in a true collaborative manner
- Prepare reports and present complex scientific data to different audiences
- Monitor projects from protocol design to study archiving including performing technical work
- Take a leading role to ensure we continue to keep up to date on areas of development and marketing of latest material.
Agenda only recruits people with integrity, who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, which is an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.