Location: Cambridge Salary: £43,000 – £56,000 + commission + car allowance + equipment Ref: ALS 2445Apply Here
Agenda are acting as a dedicated recruitment partner to a prestigious employee-focused organisation within the life science sector. The business is well established and are a genuine frontrunner in their marketplace.
In order to capitalise on their success, they are now seeking a technically minded experienced life science business development executive to further grow their Scandinavian business. Whilst the location for the successful candidate can be flexible in across Sweden, Norway, and Finland, you must be able to commit to regular travel across the territory.
Additionally, the position can be conducted from the UK, however, bi-weekly travel to Scandinavia is required. Previous experience of working with Scandinavian clients is required.
In addition to a well-structured organisational setup and a team-focused mentality, this company can offer continued development and opportunity to act as the go to point of contact for this organisation’s activities in Scandinavia.
The role will predominantly be focused on Business Development activities but will also include basic installation and servicing of products, for which full training will be given.
- Significant experience in business development with a proven track record of success in client-facing roles
- Ability to conduct routine technical duties including installation, calibration and servicing using SOPs.
- Current industry sales experience within the life science industry
- Fluency in English and one Scandinavian country is highly desirable
- Proven experience of capital equipment sales – preferably with autoclaves, VHPs and/or washers
- Strong selling and negotiation skills to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to network, strategise, and develop sustainable long-term plans within a territory
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building a strong, sustainable pipeline and achieving set sales targets
- Be on hand to assist with receiving deliveries at client’s sites, provide basic technical installation support and conduct routine calibration/servicing of standard equipment using SOPs
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals in the assigned market
- Identify and analyse business opportunities, and formulate plans to capture opportunities
- Develop and maintain key business relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally
- Understand customer needs and diligently translate this back to colleagues in order to create customised proposals
- Contact prospective customer/partner companies to further explore business opportunities and manage negotiations
- Participate in conferences and networking events, and organise targeted seminars and promotional events within the territory
- Proactively manage sales administration process and maintain accuracy of client relationship management database
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.