Location: Northamptonshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2351Apply Here
Agenda are working as a recruitment partner to a global R&D service provider to the life science and biotechnology sector. Due to consistent success and plans for future growth, opportunities have arisen to join the business’ Metabolite Identification group and become a real subject matter expert. In addition to a competitive salary, this company has an extensive array of benefits on offer as part of their employee focused approach. With further growth and investment scheduled, this is a great time to join an established business with exciting plans for the future.
In the role of MET ID Specialist, you will be using expertise in High Resolution Mass Spectrometry to identify metabolites in a wide array of studies.
- PhD, MSc or BSc in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related subject
- Experience in metabolite identification in a CRO or Pharmaceutical/Agrochemical company
- Proficient in the use of High-Resolution Mass Spectrometers e.g. Waters Vion, Thermo QExactive
- Proficient in the use of relevant software such as Xcalibur, Waters UNIFY, Compound Discoverer
- Knowledge of metabolism/metabolic reactions
- LC-MS/MS data interpretation skills
- Experience of working in a GLP facility
- Scientific data interpretation, reporting and presentation skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the Technical Specialist/Expert in structure elucidation
- Responsible for conducting analytical and metabolite identification work for both regulatory and non‑regulatory In Vitro, In Vivo, Clinical, Large Molecule (Biological) and Environmental Fate studies to successfully fulfil all the requirements of a study to the timelines stated in the Study Plan/Analytical Work Plan, under direction of the Study Director or Analytical Project Manager.
- Responsible for the development of LC‑MS/MS chromatographic methods within the group and to act as an expert consultant on the development of chromatographic methods
- Lead process improvement and new service development projects
- Increase the profile of the department externally by publishing papers/posters and participation in expert groups
- Work with the Study Director on client communication, contributing scientifically to client discussions as appropriate
- Interpret the relevant data and prepare accurate scientific study updates and contribute to reports
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.