Location: South West Salary: £30,000 + commission + equipment Ref: ALS 2256Apply Here
Agenda are working in partnership with a well-established family run laboratory sales business. As a result of expansion within the company they are now looking to recruit a Territory Manager in the South West to join their team.
The territory covered within this position span the South West of England and South Wales.
- BSc Degree in a Scientific discipline would be highly desirable
- Good working knowledge and understanding of how the products are used would be highly desirable
- Exposure to sales environment would be beneficial
- Commercial understanding
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit a very wide range of audiences from Lab Managers to Technicians to MD’s.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arranging meetings with potential new customers, which includes researching the territory to identify laboratories. This is a mixture of cold-calling to introduce the company and calls to new customers within an existing account
- Arranging meetings with existing customers to ensure they are receiving an excellent service, to update them with new products and offers, and to build/maintain rapport
- Conducting meetings to understand processes used within the customers’ laboratory and applications of their current laboratory equipment
- Following up on meetings, which include completing meeting reports, creating and sending quotes and answering customer queries
- Regularly contacting customers to close opportunities, chase for updates on opportunities and their purchasing process and to keep them updated in regard to lead times, delivery, installations etc
- Keeping up to date with new products and offers and gain an in-depth understanding of the technical aspects of specific equipment should it need to be demoed
- Understanding procurement processes and frameworks within different establishments and identifying opportunities to tender for large contracts
- Planning and attending exhibitions at private companies, science parks and Universities, and attending large national conferences.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.