Location: Berkshire Salary: Competitive salary, commensurate with experience Ref: ALS 2293Apply Here
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Toxicogenomic Expert, a technical expert delivering gene expression analysis to support research, development and registration processes for new and existing active ingredients, working within predictive toxicology in human safety assessment. There is an option to be based in Berkshire or North Carolina.
- Educated to a higher degree level (MSc or PhD) and preferably with post-graduate experience in transcriptomic experiments
- Essentially must be experienced in the design, delivery, data management, analysis and interpretation of whole transcriptome gene expression data.
- Essentially must be confident in communicating technical expertise in gene expression to toxicologists responsible for research, development and registration processes for new and existing active ingredients.
- Preferably experience of using transcriptomics data as part of toxicogenomics analysis. However, if your experience is from other areas of biological sciences (for instance as part of an omics core facility, cancer or disease omics, ecology, microbiology, etc.) suitable training will be available for the application to toxicology and ecotoxicology.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential, including the ability to quickly develop robust networks and build key relationships
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expertise in the design, delivery, data management, analysis and interpretation of whole transcriptome gene expression data.
- An effective communicator with internal and external stakeholders, including with CROs performing the expression analysis
- Very involved in the design of externally conducted toxicity studies where data will be used to inform research, development and business decisions
- Responsible for end-to-end conduct of toxicogenomic data produced, from initial study design to data analysis, with contribution to interpretation and storage of data.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.