Location: Cambridge Salary: £13,000 Ref: CT 04Apply Here
Agenda are the largest provider of Animal Technicians within the Life Science sector, so these positions are an exceptional opportunity for someone wanting to develop in this field. We are looking for an adventurous individual, who would like to contribute to the research industry, whilst maintaining a high standard of welfare.
- Practical experience caring for animals in a work or voluntary capacity, and a genuine interest in the care of animals
- Ability to carry out routine tasks and procedures under instruction and organise own daily tasks
- Animal Care Qualification Level 2 or higher are desirable
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent qualifications including Maths, English and Science are advantageous
- A temp to perm opportunity
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out daily welfare checks
- Provide adequate supplies of food, water, bedding, and consumables for animals as required
- Ensure cages and enclosures are cleaned in accordance with the work instructions and maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- Provide animals with environmental enrichment
- Accurate record keeping
- To be responsible for personal and colleagues’ Health and Safety by observing company and legislative guidelines and safe working practices
- Weekend and bank holiday cover will be required on a rota basis.
As a Trainee Animal Technician, you will be responsible for providing a high standard of service and expected to follow key animal care protocols in order to ensure the welfare of all animals within the research facility.
This position is ideal for someone with an ambitious nature, looking to add to the continued growth of Agenda and be a part of our successful team. With 24-hour support, you can be safe in the knowledge that Agenda take care of your needs whilst you work away from home.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.