LOCATION: Cambridge SALARY: £45,000 – £55,000 REF: ALS 2581Apply Here
Working alongside our client, we have a new opportunity for a Transgenic Team Lead to join their global clinical-stage biotechnology company. They are committed to developing novel vaccines and biologic therapeutic candidates for infectious diseases as well as cancer and autoimmune diseases.
In this role the successful candidate will lead the team to design and build transgenic mice platforms for therapeutic antibody discovery.
- PhD or equivalent in Biological Sciences or related field, with an expert experience in pluripotent stem cell and genetic engineering is essential.
- Strong experiences of leading teamwork.
- Experience of routine molecular biology and cell biology methods, such as DNA/RNA extractions, primer design, PCR, RT-PCR, Cloning and stem cell culture.
- A comprehensive understanding of genetic modification in laboratory animals, with deep knowledge and experience in cutting edge technologies, including complex genetic engineering, gene targeting by conventional homology recombineering and CRISPR is desirable.
- Outstanding organisational skills, ability to prioritise, multitask and deliver data on time.
- Good data recording, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design strategies and lead experimental work in the technical areas of molecular biology and cell biology, to generate a transgenic mice platform with human immunoglobulin genes.
- Responsible for the team’s work from project planning, schedule experiments and delivering goals on time.
- Provide general supervision and mentorship to the team members through matrix management.
- Organised, hard-working with a strong eye for detailed observations, providing analyses data, interpret results and devise solutions to complex scientific problems.
- Work effectively and collaboratively across teams within the company.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated attitude and be a good team leader, providing training and support where necessary.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people, we will conduct a comprehensive background and pre-employment screening, an essential part of Agenda’s recruitment process.