Location: Hull Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2401Apply Here
On behalf of our client we are looking to recruit a Unit Supervisor to coordinate the daily operations in a production facility and supervise a team of Animal Technicians. The successful candidate must have advanced knowledge and experience in animal care, husbandry, supervising a unit as well as having good organisational and training skills.
The successful candidate will also receive further training and have the opportunity to develop and learn within the animal facility.
- Experience in animal care and husbandry is essential
- A proven record of leading a team of Animal Technicians
- Knowledge of current legislation and regulatory bodies
- IAT Level 3 or equivalent relevant qualification
- NACWO qualified with Home Office Personal Licence or must have the ability to obtain them
- Excellent IT skills and good Maths and English
- Full driving licence and own transport due to remote location
- Experience of performing regulated procedures is desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of biosecurity would be beneficial
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing of an animal unit
- Providing guidance and leadership to the Animal Technicians
- Monitoring performance and setting targets
- Understanding, adhering to, monitoring, and enforcing site and personnel movement restrictions and biosecurity procedures
- Ensuring that Animal Technologists and Facility Support staff follow the correct biosecurity procedures at all times
- Maintaining records of breeding and performance to maintain colonies, manage space, and minimise surplus animals
- Work closely with all Area Supervisors to encourage and maintain good practice amongst the technicians
- Manage company training and competency database
- Perform the tasks required to act as NACWO in designated units
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.