Location: Cheshire Salary: Competitive Ref: ALS 2182Apply Here
On behalf of our client, a leading drug discovery and development company, we are looking to recruit a Veterinarian to assist scientists in their infectious disease department within their in vivo pharmacology group.
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine
- Home Office License A-C and knowledge of the Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 is essential
- Extensive surgical experience and skills
- Proven experience in the field of laboratory animal work and animal husbandry
- In-depth knowledge of animal welfare conditions
- Ability to organise daily tasks, work frequently under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to use initiative to solve problems and troubleshoot with the assistance of other members of the team
- A flexible approach to working hours due to study demands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Veterinary care of laboratory animals (rodents)
- Lead a veterinary pharmacy
- Act as the Animal Welfare Officer
- Laboratory animal hygiene monitoring
- AAALAC certification
- Assisting scientists in planning and submitting applications for animal experiments
- Undertake original research into the pathogenesis of infectious disease or the activity of antimicrobial agents
- Liaising with all named personnel, including the Home Office Inspector and Named Veterinary Surgeon onsite
- Assist with surgical procedures
- Assist in the training of employees.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.