Working as an Animal Technician
Have you always dreamed of working with animals? Are you looking for a career in animal research? Then Agenda Life Sciences is the recruitment agency for you, since it specialises in finding the right positions for those looking for animal research jobs, providing free and confidential careers advice for all – something we’ve been doing since 1996.
Our team of friendly, professional and experienced consultants specialise in animal technician job opportunities, as well as others in the life sciences sector, and we’ll always be on hand to help you throughout every step of your career.
We’ve been recruiting people into the life sciences sector since 1996 and not only have permanent recruitment opportunities with external clients but we also have opportunities within our contract staff team or at one of our managed research facilities.
We recruit for both permanent and temporary positions across a wide range of animal technology jobs, with our clients conducting everything from basic medical research through to drug development programmes.
Roles vary from lab personnel to scientific researcher and from animal technologists to veterinarians.
We’re the largest provider of animal technicians in the life sciences sector and we’re always keen to hear from people wanting to develop in this field. Opportunities exist for cage wash operatives, trainee animal technologists, animal technologists, and licensed animal technicians, among others. Animal care qualifications and a genuine interest in the care of animals is required, as is practical experience caring for animals in a work or voluntary capacity.
- A guaranteed salary even when not on placement.
- Access to a comprehensive support network.
- An annual training bank account.
- A company credit card for travel and business expenses.
- Membership to the IAT (Institute of Animal Technology), Understanding Animal Research (UAR) and Animals in Science Education Trust (AS-ET).
- Access to an occupational health professional .
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences.
- Generous holidays (inc a day off for your birthday) .
- Access to online technician resources.
- Monthly Welfare First e-newsletter.
- Opportunities to work at different research facilities in the UK and Europe.
Agenda are able to provide you with an unparalleled depth of understanding and support to help you move up the career ladder.
- We have highly qualified recruiters to help you make the right move.
- We have a wide range of vacancies throughout a variety of niches.
- A comprehensive network of clients to connect you with.
- We offer full support throughout the process from CV feedback through to interview preparation.
- Your personal data is protected and we only send your CV over to companies with your prior approval.
- Upon registration with Agenda you are assigned a personal recruitment consultant who will be your point of contact from start to finish.
Our team have worked directly in life sciences and understand the specific requirements of the industry, we are experts at guiding candidates through every step of the recruitment process. Whether you are starting out in your career in life sciences or are looking for career progression Agenda have the solution to support you with your career move.
Our services are completely free for jobseekers and its easy to register- use our online form, email or give us a call. You’ll be assigned your own personal consultant to guide you through the process, keeping you informed and providing updates and guidance.
Upon receipt of your CV one of our qualified consultants will make contact to arrange a convenient time to carry out a comprehensive telephone interview. Once this interview has taken place we will agree with your permission to make contact with our clients to express your interest in an active vacancy or to spec in to clients who recruit within your skill set.
Following successful shortlisting for a vacancy your consultant will be in touch and guide you through the interview process, questioning techniques, offer negotiating and feedback until a final decision has been made.
Upon receipt of your CV one of our qualified consultants will make contact to arrange a convenient time to carry out a comprehensive telephone interview and run through the vacancies available. Once approval has been agreed to move to our next stage a face to face interview will be arranged with two of our qualified consultants in a place to suit both parties. Once completed a final decision to join our temporary team will be made and we start work on your first placement.
Biological Services Facility Director
up to £80,000
Senior Research Scientist
Trainee Animal Technician
£16,410 - £18,739
Junior Animal Technician
£16,410 - £18,739
Keeping up to date with all the latest news and insights in the life sciences industry can only prove beneficial to you and your career. Keep an eye on the Agenda Life Sciences blog for all the latest on what’s going on in the industry.